For many of us, few things are more annoying than stubborn fat that we just can’t get rid of, regardless of how much we diet or exercise. Thankfully, the following five tips to help you lose that stubborn fat faster are designed to finally help you get rid of that extra fat once and for all.
Drink water most of the time and unsweetened drinks the rest of the time
We always say that if you liked your results after one CoolSculpting treatment, you'll love the way your body looks after a second treatment. On average, each treatment results in a 20 – 25% fat reduction in the treated area. So, after two treatments, you'll see a 40 – 45% fat reduction! Call us to book your second appointment! 602-497-3637
Water makes up 75% of the human body and drinking plenty of it will help reduce body fat all over, while also facilitating weight loss. For the best results, drink about half your body weight in ounces of water each day. For example, if you weigh 120 pounds, you would want to drink about 60 ounces of water every day. Whatever you do, stay away from sodas and other calorie laden drinks!
Focus on a healthy diet that consists of whole, natural foods
It can be tempting to follow a complicated diet that significantly limits what you can consume. While you do want to substantially limit sugary and salty foods, as well as processed and fast foods, there are plenty of foods you want to make sure and include in your daily diet.
Thermogenic foods, such as:
- Whole grains: pasta, bread, flour, cereal, rice, oatmeal and quinoa
- Vegetables: celery, lentils , peppers, kale, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes
- Fruits: blueberries, oranges, watermelon, grapefruit
- Lean proteins: chicken, turkey
- Low fat dairy products: cheese, Greek yogurt
- Green tea: When you aren’t drinking water, drink green tea. Not only is green tea filled with the antioxidants your body needs to stay healthy, but it contains catechins (specifically EGCG), which helps your body burn more calories and fat.
Get plenty of fiber in your diet
Getting a sufficient amount of fiber is crucial when you are trying to get rid of stubborn body fat. Not only does it make you feel full faster, but it also reduces the amount of calories your body absorbs after eating. According to a Prevention magazine trial, people who increased their intake of soluble fiber by 10 grams every day decreased their visceral fat by 3.7% over a period of five years.
Foods that have a high content of soluble fat include:
- Legumes: navy, kidney, and black beans
- Grains: barley and oat bran
- Vegetables: Brussels sprouts, turnips
- Fruit: Oranges, grapefruit, apricots, and mangoes
Work on burning fat and building muscle mass simultaneously
This isn’t as easy as it sounds, but it is one of the best ways to get rid of stubborn fat.
To do this effectively:
- Eliminate alcohol from your diet.
- Eat a small meal every three hours to promote muscle mass and regulate your blood sugar on days you are engaging in highly intense workouts. If you are on the go, opt for dried fruit, nuts, seeds, a ready to drink protein beverage, or an energy bar.
- Commit to intense workouts by leaving distractions, such as your phone, out of the gym.
- Increase your speed. Think about it. Sprinters have lean, powerful bodies. As you increase your speed, you will see an improvement in muscle size, power, and flexibility. To do this, alternate 400 meter runs (80% effort) with 400 meter walks.
- Don’t forget about water sports. Just like sprinters, surfers and swimmers tend to have lean bodies thanks to the high intensity interval training.
- Swap out your workouts. Instead of only working out in the gym, head outside. This challenges your body in different ways, while breaking up the monotony of the gym.
Incorporate intermittent fasting into your daily routine on less intense workout days
Commit to intermittent fasting. This tricks your body into developing a metabolism that is more efficient. Going long periods (between 12-18 hours) between meals can help burn fat by activating b-2 receptors (those that tell your body it’s time to burn off fat) and inhibiting a-2 receptors (those that convince the body to hold onto fat deposits.).
If your body is holding onto stubborn fat, it is time to get rid of it once and for all using the tips above.